Through precisely defined procedure, the Research fund supports individual or team research projects in order to:
- Raise the level of research work;
- Raise the research competitiveness of the employed research workers;
- Increase the number of publications in indexed journals;
- Raise the level of the research capacities;
- Increase the number of PhD candidates;
- Raise the level of knowledge produced;
- Increase the amount of knowledge disseminated to the public sector and the business community.